Finding the best exercise to cure your lower back pain can be done as long as you pick the best exercise program that could help you alleviate the pain that you feel. To make sure that you pick the best ones, consulting your doctor should be done so he or she would be able to give you the proper exercise to help you deal with your lower back pain. In case you are suffering from lower back pain and you want to get rid of it by doing some helpful exercises, then here are some things that you should bear in mind when finding the best back pain exercises:
- Exercises that help you strengthen the back and hip muscles: Here are some things that you might want to try out: You might want to try standing against a wall or door and try sliding down with your knees bent and then go back to standing position. You can do this for some reps and you will surely feel that your back is strengthening. You might also try raising your legs by lying on your back and just elevate your legs for 30 minutes. This will surely help you stretch you back as well as your legs.
- If you want to do some exercises to help you lessen the back pain: You might want to try enrolling in some aerobic programs which you could do for about an hour and try having it at least three times a week. You might also want to try Bicycling, swimming and brisk walking since these exercises could definitely help in terms of reducing the pain as long as you do not overdo it.
- You might also want to try swinging your back legs since it could also strengthen the muscles of hip and back. Do this by standing in the back of a chair and raise a leg up and down without bending the knee. Posture training for might be needed such as in terms of sitting, standing, sleeping and even during motion is needed if posture is a factor. You might want to see a doctor so he or she could advice you in terms of having proper posture or if you need to have a back brace for support.
All these are just some of the back-pain exercises that you might want to try although consulting your doctor is still the best thing that you should do if you really want to know about the best treatment to cure your lower back pain condition. To make sure that you would pick the best treatment and exercise to help you with your condition, try to look for the best doctor, physical therapist or chiropractor to help you with your condition.
Causes And Treatment For Back Pain
For a long time, this ailment had been always in the lives of many American people. This pain comes in different forms and types where some are easy to cure while others are severe are requires experts to look at it before proper medications shall be administered.
Causes of Back Pain
Muscle strain is another common reason why people are experiencing back pain. The chance that a back pain will occur would be high if the work that you are doing has the capacity of staining your muscles like lifting heavy objects and improper posture for sitting and standing. Do not try to lift objects that are too heavy because if you do your muscle might swell and that would lead to back pain. You are lucky if the pain that you are experiencing is because of a muscle strain because it will just subside in days once you restrain yourself from hard work. This type of back pain can be answered by taking some pain relievers or muscle relaxants. When you strain your muscle, you can also try warm compression on affected area.
There can be a lot of reasons why our back aches and one of the unusual reasons would be depression. There are studies that show that you will feel a wound up or tight feeling in your muscle when you are stressed out and anxious from work and other activities. The best way you can combat this one is to be relax. Each of us has our own way of relaxing. So, if you feel that your back is aching try to do something that relaxes you physically and mentally. Mental treatment like aromatherapy can surely help you a lot in your problem with back pain.
In addition to the possible reason for back pain would be spine injuries. This is observed on people with a strained nerve or a broken spinal disc where the experience of back pain is really unbearable. The best way for this to be addressed is to see a doctor immediately. This can be difficult to handle alone since the problem involves something that is an internal part of our body. Let’s just give the trust to our doctors on this.
When organs on your body are not doing well such as the kidneys and gall bladder, you might also have some back pains. It has been noted by a lot of people that we should take care of our organs like kidney and gall bladder for if these are damaged or problems will rise like back pain. You just need to see a doctor for you to be informed what to do and how will you properly deal with this situation.
Treating back pain is dependent on what caused the pain in the first place. Consult a specialist before trying out medications which may be wrong for the condition.
We have been talking about back pains and as we all know, dealing with it will depend most on the cause of it. That would be the reason why doctors are conducting test to find what causes the back pain before giving proper medications to patients.
What Is Codeine Used For
Codeine is an opioid, often referred to as a narcotic, but what is Codeine used for?
Codeine is used for the treatment of pain – from the mildest pain to moderately severe symptoms. Because it is primarily taken for pain relief patients are unlikely to forget to take their dosage of the drug as prescribed, there can be problems associated however with overdosing on the drug; it may also be habit-forming.
Some people should definitely stay away from the drug. This includes anyone who:
* suffers from any type of breathing disorder like uncontrolled asthma
* has problems with hyperventilation and / or asthma attacks
* suffers from bowel obstruction problems
* children should not be given any medication which contains codeine following surgery for the removal of the adenoids or tonsils
* people who have liver disease or kidney disease
* anyone who has an underactive thyroid
* people with a history of alcohol or drug addiction
* anybody suffering from low blood pressure
* patients suffering from curvature of the spine which can affect the breathing
* anyone with urination problems or an enlarged prostate
* anyone who has a history of mental illness problems
People who are pregnant also need to be extremely careful about taking drugs which contain Codeine. This could lead to the unborn child becoming dependent on this drug and potentially lead to the child suffering from life-threatening withdrawal symptoms after being born. A child who is born with this addiction may need to have medical treatment for a few weeks following the birth so anyone who is pregnant or planning to become pregnant should certainly give any drugs a miss which contain Codeine. It is also extremely important that nursing mothers steer clear of Codeine related drugs while they are breastfeeding as it can be passed on through the mother’s milk to the baby.
What is Codeine Side Effects
Some people may show an allergic reaction to this type of drug in which case they must stop taking them immediately and seek urgent medical help. These incredibly serious reactions could include difficulty in breathing, hives and a swelling of the lips, throat, tongue or face.
Urgent medical attention should also be sought if a child has accidentally taken any drugs which contain Codeine. The child could show symptoms like slow breathing and unusually pauses between each breath, having a blue tinge to their lips and becoming extremely drowsy / sleepy and difficult to wake.
Other symptoms which need you to call a doctor as soon as possible include:
* Feeling faint and like you might pass out
* Seizures and / or convulsions
* Slow heart rate
* Weak pulse
* Shallow breathing
* Problems urinating
* Stomach pain, nausea and vomiting
* Feeling dizzy
* Mild rash and itching
If you or someone you know shows any signs of these symptoms after taking the drug they must stop taking it immediately and seek medical assistance. When it comes to drugs like Codeine they must be handled with care and under the strict guidance of a doctor. It is also important that you don’t mix the drug with alcohol.